Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Shift – 6779 St Margaret’s Bay Road, Head of St Margaret’s Bay, NS B3Z 1X8
Type: Permanent Part Time / 8:30-2:00 / Monday – Thursday
Compensation: $16.00 / hour
Closing Date: Thursday May 23rd, 2019
Just a quick ocean drive from Halifax and nestled on the shores of St. Margaret’s Bay you will find an oasis of innovation and fun. Shift. We are experience makers. From corporate teambuilding and youth leadership development, to managing the most northern youth care facilities in the world, we are a company built around creating growth through experiential learning. We’re a team that loves what we do and are looking for someone eager to dive in.
Working as part of a collaborative team, the Administrative Assistant’s primary job is to perform a variety of administrative tasks to help support our management team. We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude.
- Significant focus on uploading, filing and maintaining documents.
- Database maintenance.
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory.
- Answer and transfer calls.
- Act as first point of contact to visitors to the office.
- Demonstrate polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Take Meeting Minutes as required.
- Additional Administrative duties as required.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Prior administrative experience required.
- Proficiency in MS office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Permanent part-time position
- 8:30-2:00, Monday-Thursday in office.
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide a clear vulnerable sector search and child abuse registry check.
Formerly known as Atlantic Youth, Shift is a privately owned and operated youth care company based in the Head of St. Margaret’s Bay, Nova Scotia. Founded in 2011, Shift is a progressive company that provides individual and family services in the Maritimes, youth programming nationally, and operates residential youth care programs in Nunavut and NWT. Learn more at www.experienceshift.ca
To apply, please send resume and cover letter quoting Competition # AA-052019 to:
Human Resources Manager
6779 St Margaret’s Bay Road
Head of St. Margaret’s Bay, NS B3Z 1X8